Friday 11 April 2008

Rick has grown a big pair

I watched the brief interview with Rick Parry this morning on SSN and I've got to say I was moved. I am going to start here with an apology to him for any post I have made which contained personal insinuation or attack. I can't recall having done so but if I have I am sorry. 

I stick to my opinion that Rick Parry has been a very poor CEO of our club and there is enough evidence (albeit anecdotal) of big signings missed, marketing potential unrealised etc, etc. to warrant him losing that job. BUT I admire Rick Parry the Liverpool fan which he undoubtedly is. It took a lot of bottle to go into work this morning in that calm frame of mind given that he had been told of the Hicks letter by his family who had seen it on the TV news.

At owner level George Gillett has today come out in support of Parry and also restated the Board of Directors voting position. (source; Daily Post article this morning)

It is also an indication that Rick Parry believes he has widespread support within the club as if not he would find it impossible to do his job under the cloud of  uncertainty. I hope we now hear from David Moores on this whole mess. Come on David it is time for good men to stand up and be counted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's an open secret at Anfield that Parry had the letter's contents dictated to him at lunchtime, well before it went on Sky, and that DIC had copies of it before it went on Sky too, which was forwarded by both Parry's office and by Gillett's assistant.

Sky were told about the letter by Parry, but without any in depth details. Hicks was asked for comments and so told them what was in the letter, and it went from there.

I feel sorry for the guy, but he surely must have known it was coming.

Now there are rumours he's got himself at least another year out of DIC if they take over. He should walk out on the day they come in if he has any integrity.